UA - 47062478 - 1
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story your keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it".
- Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street
Your Diet - The Simple Approach
Let's assume you don't want to count calories or follow any strict diet plan. You may be eating in a restaurant or be invited to a friends home. Let's also follow the magic KISS formula (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Follow a few simple rules even dummies can remember!
- If it doesn't come from the earth or have a mother, don't eat it. Note: If you're a vegetarian, this may not be for you.
- If it's stuffed with, or has a lot of sugar in it, pass it by. Note: Sugar includes table sugar, maltose, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup, or fructose. Sugar is an irritant to your body and has no nutritional value.
- If it's highly processed, highly salted or has a lot of spice added, pass it by. This is true of most packaged soups, and processed meat items such as baloney, bacon, and similar items at your favorite market.
- Eat at least 25 grams of fiber for women and 38 grams for men each day. Along with fiber consume about 8 glasses of liquids each day. Please, pass on soft drinks, beer, and alcohol as they all have extra calories with little or no nutritional value. Fiber and liquids work together to aid regular bowel movements, without straining!
- Try to add fruits and vegetables either with meals or as snacks.
- Avoid stuffing at meal time by keeping your portions smaller than usual and by adding simple snacks half way between your breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Eat protein foods with each meal as they tend to rebuild your body and reduce hunger feelings.
- Check food labels and stay away from foods with a lot of calories, trans-fats and saturated fats.
- Don't be misled by energy drinks. The only way you can get energy is be eating a good, nutritional diet. Energy drinks are really mislabeled. They are stimulants!